The psychologists at Health Psych Maine provide empirically-based
(research-based) psychological and behavioral treatment. Their goal
is to help individuals live more fulfilling and comfortable lives
and to provide flexible and compassionate treatments rooted in the
Services include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness,
biofeedback, and counseling.
The Waterville office of Health Psych Maine is in a quiet, beautiful
setting – on top of a hill looking out at Colby College and
Find us and like us on facebook!
A multitude of informative and enlightening articles posted regularly.
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
CBT in Maine for
- Anxiety disorders, including Panic Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress
Disorder (PTSD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Obsessive-Compulsive
Disorder (OCD), and Social Anxiety Disorder (social phobia).
- Health psychology "mind-body" problems such as chronic pain,
headaches, insomnia, and medical problems that have a psychophysiological
- Adjustment to medical conditions and chronic disease such as cancer, multiple sclerosis (MS), and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Wellness enhancement -- helping individuals to increase healthy
behaviors and a healthy balance in life.
- Depression, especially if related to a medical problem or an